Strawberry Cantaloupe Sorbet
Hey, it’s summer! Let’s eat some sorbet, shall we? how about Strawberry Cantaloupe Sorbet?
Not to say that I wouldn’t scarf down sorbet during the other seasons, because I will. Anytime. Anywhere. Any sorbet.
But right now, it’s summer, and it just feels right to eat some Strawberry Cantaloupe Sorbet.
The secret to the wallop of flavor this sorbet is packing: a sneaky simple syrup. It has just a hint of lemon and mint – not enough to overpower the fruits, but enough to make them sort of dance around excitedly in your mouth.
Dancing fruit is delicious!
The real surprise for me in making this sorbet was how insanely amazing strawberries and cantaloupe taste together. The combination is almost watermelon-like, yet on a whole other level.
You could take my word for it, or nearly as easily, blend up some fruit and taste for yourself!
I highly recommend the latter. Your tastebuds will thank you!
STRAWBERRY CANTALOUPE SORBET RECIPE
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/3 cup mint leaves, packed
- 3 cups strawberries, hulled, large ones cut in half
- 2 cups diced cantaloupe (about 1″ dice)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vodka (optional – keeps the sorbet from freezing completely)
- pinch of kosher salt
- Make the simple syrup: combine all ingredients except mint leaves in a small pot. Cook over medium heat until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is simmering, remove from heat. Add the mint leaves and stir. Let the syrup sit for 10 or 15 minutes to steep. Strain out the mint leaves and lemon zest.
- In a blender, combine the strained syrup with the remaining sorbet ingredients. Process until thoroughly pureed. Pour the mixture into a bowl, cover and refrigerate for at least a couple hours, until very cold. Churn according to your ice cream maker’s instructions.
I am a kitchen expert and connoisseur of food with decades of cooking experience who loves to cook a variety of scrumptious food item to awaken the taste buds of people who eat my food. I know a lot about kitchen utensils and appliances and here to share my years of knowledge about the best kitchen products with you.
With his gumption, alacrity along with astute acumen to pick the authentic and best quality ingredients from across the world to make the scrumptious recipes which soothes the taste buds of eater has made him the name on which people can count on when it comes to cooking advice, world class meals and cuisines native to the different cities of world.
His unique ability improvise and make dishes with different raw produce and ingredients in less time which are delicious and relished by the guests has made Tushar leader in the arena of cooking.