Kraft Caramel Bits Recipes
Kraft Caramel Bits is a type of chocolate made with caramel. They are small and easy to eat. Kraft Caramel Bits are versatile and can be utilized in many recipes, such as cookies, cakes, brownies, etc.
Serving cookies as a side-dish is the best way to make any meal complete. A side dish of cookies is a delicious combination of sweet, creamy, and chewy textures with different flavors.
These cookies feature a caramel-coated layer with chocolate pieces. Today we will share the Kraft Caramel Bits recipe, which is the most delicious and complex to find snacks in any bakery.
Kraft caramel desserts can be enjoyed with caramel bits, some people also like to add them to homemade biscotti recipe to make more flavorful. Let’s get started with the recipe for these caramel bits.
Kraft Caramel Bits Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose unbleached flour
- 1 1/2 cups light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher Salt
- 2 sticks of cold unsalted butter cut into 1/2-inch slices
- Semisweet chocolate chips (12 oz., 1 whole bag).
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 24 caramels such as Kraft are halved
Step-by-Step Methods for Preparing:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees with racks in the middle and top. Use a paddle attachment to a mixer to combine flour, sugars, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix in butter. Continue beating on medium speed until well combined, but you will still have small butter chunks. Mix in chocolate chips. Beat until well combined. Add eggs one at a while and vanilla.
- Two baking sheets should be lined with parchment. Make 4-ounce balls of dough (each approximately 1/3 cup) and a large hollow in the center. Each ball should contain three pieces of caramel. Roll the dough into a ball. Place six balls on each sheet. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Bake for 10 minutes, one sheet per rack. Turn down the heat to 350°F, switch sheet positions and bake for 7-10 minutes longer. Take it out of the oven. To crack the tops of cookies, bang sheets on a counter several times. Let cool sheets on a wire rack. You can store cookies in an airtight container for up to three days at room temperature.
Salted Caramel Butter Bars Recipes
These caramel bars are sweet and creamy, making them great side dishes or snacks. This dish is even more delicious because of its crisp outer and sweet inner layers. Let’s get started with the recipe.
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter (any flavor)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 pack of caramel bits/candies (any selection)
- 1/2 cup milk and vanilla cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Step-by-Step Methods for Preparing:
Step 1 :
Blend both butter along with sugar in a quality food processor. Blend the ingredients at low to medium speed for about two minutes to create delicious and creamy sweet mixture.
Blend in the flour and vanilla extract. Finally, add the flour and blend to create a soft and creamy texture. To make room for the inner fillings, press down on the cookie balls of medium size.
Step 3 :
Bake your cookies for between 20 and 25 minutes, until they are golden brown and have a crispy texture. Make the fillings for the crust. Place the caramel pieces in a saucepan and let them melt on medium heat for about 1 or 2 minutes.
Step 4 :
Next, add the milk along with vanilla cream and mix well.
After the cookie crust has been baked, remove them and fill the top with quality caramel cream. Sprinkle salt on the top.
Step 6 :
To achieve a light golden top layer, bake the cookie bars with the inner fillings for an additional 15 minutes.
Take out the cookies, and then cut them into the desired sized pieces. The mouthwatering caramel butter infused bars can be enjoyed.
Double Chocolate Cookies with Caramel Bits
- 1 and 1/4 cups salted butter, melted (2 or 1/2 sticks).
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour, steamed and leveled
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher Salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 & 1/2 cups caramel bits
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter.
- Use a large bowl to mix the butter in a stand mixer. Stir in the brown sugar and sugar, and mix well.
- Mix in the vanilla and eggs.
- In another separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, & baking soda. If the cocoa looks too clumpy, you can sift it.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients, but not too much. You should see flour streaks.
- Stir in the dark chocolate and caramel bits until well combined. Do not overdo it, as this will cause the dough to become tough.
- The dough can be chilled for 2 to 3 hours or put in the freezer for around an hour. Just make sure that the dough is cold.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper or a Silpat.
- Form the dough into long, oblong balls. To measure them, you can use a quarter cup. Make the balls into an oval or tall cookie shape. This allows them to spread slower in the oven and makes them thicker and chewier.
- Place the cookies on a cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Place 6-8 cookies on an 11×17 cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the center is not shiny. The edges should feel firm to the touch. Don’t overbake!
- Allow the cookies to sit on the pan for approximately 5 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool.
Tip: if you want to make vegan chocolate chip cookies then follow this recipe for great recipe of your choice.
How do you melt Kraft Caramel Bits?
If time is tight and you have to get the ingredients quickly, melting caramel squares in a microwave might be the best and most efficient way.
The Microwave Method:
- The bottom of the bowl should be sprayed with cooking oil. Use a microwave-safe bowl. You should also be careful not to put too many pieces into the bowl as the melted caramels could quickly reach the edges. Make sure the bowl is large enough to hold everything.
- Open the caramel bag. If the pieces are still stuck together, take some time to separate them. Place your caramel chews into a microwave-safe bowl. Make sure that they do not touch the edge. Place the bowl in the microwave. Turn it on for 30 seconds at high heat.
- Eliminate the bowl.
- Use a silicone spatula to smash the caramel candies.
- The microwave can be used to heat the bowl once more. The microwave should be set to medium-high for about 15 seconds or high for approximately 30 seconds.
- Remove the bowl from the microwave. Take the bowl out of the microwave and if there are any pieces left, place it back in the microwave for 30 seconds on medium heat.
- As they melt, mix the caramels thoroughly.
The Saucepan Method
- Use cooking oil or butter to spray the bottom of your pan. The melted caramels won’t cause any damage to the pan. However, don’t add too much butter or oil. The caramels may lose their flavor.
- You should always have enough caramels to melt. One cup of hard candy will melt in half the amount of melted caramel. To get the exact amount you need, use the measuring cup. Cooking two cups of hard caramel at once will make the process easier and smoother.
- Before adding the caramel, heat the pan. Turn the stove on low.
- Add the hard candy to the pan. To avoid burning, don’t add too many. Use only the first one and let them melt. Add a few more. Once the caramels have melted, increase the heat to medium-high and stir the mixture slowly.
- Mix in heavy cream, milk, and water.
- Continue to mix the caramels until you get the right consistency. This takes about 15 minutes.
- Let the pan sit on the stove for about ten minutes. This is how you melt Kraft caramel in a saucepan.
How Long Can Caramels Stay Good?
You can store-bought caramels for up to 12 months. This depends on what ingredients you use. You can keep them fresh for up to two months, provided they are stored in cool conditions.
You might expect caramels without preservatives and additives to have a very short shelf life. Unfortunately, it is impossible to know how long your caramels will maintain their quality after their “expiration” date. It depends on too many factors.
Homemade caramels will retain their quality for several weeks at room temperature, up to three months in the refrigerator, and even longer if frozen. The storage time for homemade caramels is comparable to that of non-preservative caramels you can buy online.
How to store caramels?
Caramels should be kept in a dark and cool place. While a kitchen cupboard will work for most of the year, it is best to keep them in the fridge if temperatures rise (75°F or 24 degrees).
The environment can cause the caramel to melt if it gets too hot. The worst-case scenario is that you end up with melted caramels that are difficult to eat. You might have to throw them away or clean the shelf if they weren’t sealed properly.
I am a kitchen expert and connoisseur of food with decades of cooking experience who loves to cook a variety of scrumptious food item to awaken the taste buds of people who eat my food. I know a lot about kitchen utensils and appliances and here to share my years of knowledge about the best kitchen products with you.
With his gumption, alacrity along with astute acumen to pick the authentic and best quality ingredients from across the world to make the scrumptious recipes which soothes the taste buds of eater has made him the name on which people can count on when it comes to cooking advice, world class meals and cuisines native to the different cities of world.
His unique ability improvise and make dishes with different raw produce and ingredients in less time which are delicious and relished by the guests has made Tushar leader in the arena of cooking.