Cheesy Lemon Thyme Popcorn
Oh popcorn. What a long and tumultuous relationship we’ve had. Cheesy Lemon Thyme Popcorn are one of my favorite type to have 2-3 times each month.
There was, of course, the early childhood stage: occasionally that unmistakable smell and sound of kernels popping on the stove would fill the house and I knew a special treat was on the horizon.
Then there was the teenage stage. I was responsible for more of my own meals by then and hey! Popcorn can totally be a meal, right??
As often as I could get my hands on it, I ate popcorn. Breakfast, lunch, snack – didn’t matter. I basically ate it until I never wanted to see it again.
And then for a while… I just didn’t eat popcorn at all. Sad times.
Now that I’ve developed some self control, I love whipping up homemade popcorn before hubs and I sit down to watch a movie.
The best part of making popcorn from scratch: you can throw in any ingredients you have hanging around and make it your own.
I usually try different flavor combinations each time, but I made this version with lemon, thyme and parmesan cheese recently and I’m hooked!
Salty, cheesy, herby, lemony… and gone 5 minutes into the movie.
Maybe I should start making larger batches?
Or I guess I could just stick to that whole self control thing.
CHEESY LEMON THYME POPCORN RECIPE
- 1/3 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup popcorn kernels
- vegetable oil
- fine grain sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the cheese, thyme and lemon zest, set aside. Melt the butter in a small microwavable dish, set aside.
- In a medium pot, pour in enough vegetable oil just to cover the bottom and set over medium heat. Throw in a couple of popcorn kernels; when they pop, you know the oil is ready. Pour in the rest of the kernels and place a lid on the pot, leaving it cracked so steam can escape. Shaking the pan almost constantly to keep the kernels moving, cook until the popping slows to a few seconds between each pop. Pour the popcorn into a large bowl.
- Pour the butter over the popcorn, stirring to combine. Stir in the parmesan mixture, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Devour!
I am a kitchen expert and connoisseur of food with decades of cooking experience who loves to cook a variety of scrumptious food item to awaken the taste buds of people who eat my food. I know a lot about kitchen utensils and appliances and here to share my years of knowledge about the best kitchen products with you.
With his gumption, alacrity along with astute acumen to pick the authentic and best quality ingredients from across the world to make the scrumptious recipes which soothes the taste buds of eater has made him the name on which people can count on when it comes to cooking advice, world class meals and cuisines native to the different cities of world.
His unique ability improvise and make dishes with different raw produce and ingredients in less time which are delicious and relished by the guests has made Tushar leader in the arena of cooking.