Asian Glazed Broccoli
This is the type of recipe I don’t normally write down – an impromptu side dish that came together because I happened to have some broccoli and an itch to break out some of my favorite condiments. Asian Glazed Broccoli is very tasty to eat when paired with different sauces of your choice.
In fact, this applies to most things I cook; I don’t make many dishes quite the same way twice. I just make things up based on what I have on hand, then taste and adjust as I go along.
ASIAN GLAZED BROCCOLI RECIPE
It’s like my own little episode of Chopped. Except for some reason Ted Allen never shows up…
While this is all fine and good, it means I never write anything down! So when it comes to recreating a dish to post it here, I have a small issue in that there is no exact recipe beyond what I can struggle to remember.
Well this time, I was smarter than the broccoli. but if you are out of stock on broccoli then you can checkout alternatives for broccoli shared on our website that are easy to find and tasty to try for different recipe meals.
Welcome to what is hopefully the first of many recipes that I didn’t have to make 8 times before I remembered to write it down for you!
This snazzy side dish comes together in a snap. It’s basically a stir-fry without the wok! You still want to prep your ingredients ahead of time, and get your pan stupidly hot.
Once the broccoli gets nice and toasty you add the sauce, simmer for a couple of minutes and chomp away.
Any glaze ingredients you might not have should be easy to find in the Asian section of your grocery store. They’re all great ingredients with a lot of versatility – good ones to have around!
The fish sauce is optional, but it gives the dish that extra savory quality. I promise the end result doesn’t taste fishy, but if it weirds you out or you want to make the dish vegetarian, you can leave it out. There is also a vegan fish sauce recipe over at The Kitchn. I haven’t tried it, but it sounds good to me!
4-6 as a side
- 2 lb broccoli crowns
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon + chili garlic sauce (add more to up the spice level)
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- vegetable oil
- toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- Chop the bottom off the broccoli stems and discard. Cut off the broccoli florets and cut into medium sized pieces. Peel the remaining stems and cut into matchsticks roughly the length of the broccoli florets.
- In a small bowl whisk the water, hoisin, sugar, soy sauce, chili garlic sauce, rice wine vinegar, fish sauce and sesame seed oil until combined. Whisk in the cornstarch until well combined.
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat for a couple minutes, then add enough vegetable oil to coat it. Add the broccoli, toss to coat in the oil and cook until well browned and almost cooked through (poke a few pieces with a fork to test). Add the sauce, stir and lower the heat a bit. Simmer for a couple more minutes until the broccoli is cooked through and glazed with the sauce. Garnish with sesame seeds.
Tip: Some people also like to drizzle some melted cheese of your broccoli recipe for great taste of the meal.
If you like to eat healthy dishes that are tasty to eat and easy to make then must try broccoli recipe shared above as broccoli is very nutritious and the recipe shared above is simple to make for novice and experts also. steps shared above are easy to follow to make broccoli dish which is popular in Asian countries but is now gaining popularity in western region also due to its scrumptious flavor profile when glazed with many different natural spices, herbs, marinades and sauces.
I am a kitchen expert and connoisseur of food with decades of cooking experience who loves to cook a variety of scrumptious food item to awaken the taste buds of people who eat my food. I know a lot about kitchen utensils and appliances and here to share my years of knowledge about the best kitchen products with you.
With his gumption, alacrity along with astute acumen to pick the authentic and best quality ingredients from across the world to make the scrumptious recipes which soothes the taste buds of eater has made him the name on which people can count on when it comes to cooking advice, world class meals and cuisines native to the different cities of world.
His unique ability improvise and make dishes with different raw produce and ingredients in less time which are delicious and relished by the guests has made Tushar leader in the arena of cooking.