12 hours crock pot recipes
Have you tried those crock pots yet? they are quite amazing to cook quality food in your own kitchen easily. here i have shared some of the mouth watering 12 hours crock pot recipes to make in it and enjoy with your family and friends whenever you want.
What is the difference between a slow cooker and a Crockpot?
They are used in soups, stews, and easy meals on the weeknight. These can be used to make bread and make tough meats more tender. We often interchange their names, assuming that Crockpots (and slow cookers) are the same thing.
However, this is not entirely accurate.
Slow cookers and Crockpots cook food slowly over time using moist heat. Both can be used to cook the exact same foods and produce the same delicious results. These small, beautiful kitchen appliances have the same three components: a saucepan, a glass lid, and a heating element.
They are not the same thing. Let’s look at them from a different perspective: A Crock Pot is a slow cooker brand used to create a slow cooker. A slow cooker does not have to be a Crockpot. if you are crusrious to know the difference between slow cooker and pressure cooker then read about it in this article.
Crock Pots and Crock Pot-Style Slow Cookers
Crockpots (and Crock-Pot-style slower cookers) are types of slow cookers. Crockpot first appeared in 1970. It was initially marketed as a bean cooker. It was eventually redesigned and evolved into the model that we know today. Many companies now make crock pot slow cookers. They are widely used in the country, as you love slow cookers.
- Branding: Crockpot is the name of the first slow cooker in this style. Rival Manufacturing Company also makes slow cookers, but many brands, including Bella, KitchenAid, and Hamilton Beach, sell slow cookers in the Crockpot style. Crockpot has been used as a generic term for slow cookers. You get the idea.
- Construction: Crockpot slow cookers and Crock Pot-style slow cookers use a ceramic or porcelain pot within the heating element. These slow cookers heat from the bottom and around the sides, but not all. You can have the pot in any shape, including oval or round.
- Heat settings: Most Crock Pots only have two heat settings: LOW Wattage (bringing them up to temperatures between 200 and 300 degrees F) or HIGH Wattage (bringing their temperatures to the range of 300 to 400 degrees F). A third, lower-wattage warming option is also available.
- Cooking: While powered on, Crock Pots and slow cookers made from Crock Pots cook continuously. Some models have a timer that allows you to cook for a long time.
Recipe1: Crockpot Black Bean Chili
This tasty and healthy vegetarian chili recipe uses black beans and many more vegetables. It is simple to make and very colorful. to make your chili more thick and consistent for every to enjoy read about in this article on chili thickness.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large onions (diced).
- Minced 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped).
- 1 green bell pepper (chopped).
- 3 cans (14 ounces) of diced tomatoes (undrained).
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 package (10 ounces) of frozen corn
- 2 cans (15 ounces) of black beans, drain, and rinse.
How To Prepare? Steps
- Get the ingredients.
- Sauté the onions in olive oil in a large skillet until tender. Stir frequently for about 4 to 5 min. Cook the garlic for two more minutes. Add the cumin, cayenne pepper, and salt. To bloom the spices, cook for another two minutes.
- In a slow cooker, combine the onion mixture with the bell and tomato mixtures, the broth, corn, tomatoes, black beans, Picante, or taco sauce, and cook for 4 to 5 hours.
- Cook the vegetables on low for about 10 hours or until tender. To thicken the chili, use 1/3 cup water and two tablespoons of cornstarch. Place the mixture in a slow cooker. Cover and cook for about 20-30 minutes until thickened. Cook the whole recipe in a more powerful crockpot for 6 to 7 hours.
- If desired, serve with any garnishes and tortilla chips. to preserve it for later read freezing chili with ease.
Recipe 2: Beef Stew in Crock Pot
The temperature was 100 degrees the other day, and the Good Lord had mercy on the crock pot users.
It is delicious, nutritious, and rich in flavor. It is easy to prepare. The only thing you need to do is cut the beef into small pieces.
We will then use our slow cooker 12-hour method. The perfect meal for summer nights is possible with a 12-hour slow cooker.
- 2 lbs Beef Sirloin Steak, 1-inch Cube Cuts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 large diced onion
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 cups of baby carrots
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
- Kosher salt for a delicious taste
How To Prepare? Steps
- Make sure you have all the ingredients. Place the olive oil in an ovenproof pan on medium heat.
- The summer season isn’t over yet. It’s not the end of the beef season. Then season the cubes by adding pepper and kosher sea salt to your taste. Let them cook for about 2 to 3 minutes until they turn brown.
- Now, get it off. Now add all the ingredients to your crockpot, along with baby carrots. Three cups of fresh beef broth are all you need. Another thing? Another?
- Add Worcestershire sauce and tomato paste. Mix everything. Perhaps add some kosher salts. What’s next? Cover up the evidence and let it sit for eight hours. Or, you can add the 4-hour crock pot recipes to your cookbook. Perhaps you will be doing work or finishing up movies.
- You can hold on, sailor. All’s well that ends well. Take a small bowl. Combine 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour with 1/2 cup broth. Did you finish the broth?
- Stir the mixture into a crockpot. Keep it on low for another 20 minutes. Thickened? Yes. Smell? Pungent? Yes. Taste a bit? Noice.
- Serve immediately, and you will feel satisfied. For garnish, add the parsley.
Do you think it might be one of the slow-cooker recipes for two. Don’t worry, mate. It is enough. Remember, sharing is caring.
Recipe 3: Crockpot Cowboy Casserole Recipe
- Thickly sliced onions
- Ground Beef
- Kidney Bean
- Canned Diced Tomatoes
- Cream of Chicken Soup
- Dried Oregano
- Italian Seasoning
- Cheddar Cheese
How To Prepare? Steps
- Brown the ground beef. Drain it well.
- Place the browned beef and all other ingredients (except the cheese) in a slow cooker (crock pot). Mix well.
- Cover and cook for 4 hours on high or 8-12 hours on low.
- Sprinkle grated cheese on top and cover.
- Make sure the cheese is melted before serving (about 10 minutes).
Recipe 4: Crockpot Potato Soup Recipe
- Russet Potatoes
- Breast of Chicken
- Chicken Broth
- Dried Thyme
- Chopped Parsley
- Salt and pepper
How To Prepare? Steps
- Heat a skillet on medium heat. Heat up the oil on medium heat to soften the onions, garlic, and bacon. If using turkey bacon, heat in a nonstick pan. In a large 6-quart slow cooker, combine the onion mixture with the water.
- The chicken breast should be placed on top of the onions. The sliced potatoes and carrots, celery, and chicken broth are all added to the dish. Salt, black pepper, and thyme are also added.
- Cover the slow cooker with the lid. Turn the slow cooker on low. Cook for 8-12 hours, stirring until potatoes become incredibly soft. After 7 hours, check the chicken. Once the chicken is cooked, you can remove it and let it cool in the refrigerator until the potatoes are softened. You don’t want to overcook your chicken if you have a slow cooker.
- Take the chicken breast out of the crockpot. To break down the potatoes and thicken your potato soup, vigorously stir it in a crockpot. You can make the soup extra creamy using an immersion blender to puree it partially. You can also place 1 1/2 cups of soup in a blender and puree it.
- Chop the chicken, and then add it to the slow cooker with fresh Parsley. Stir well. If desired, serve warm with low-fat cheese.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you slow-cook meat for 20 hours?
Most cookers turn off after 20 hours. Experts advise against leaving food in the slow cooker for longer periods.
Does the size of your crockpot impact cooking time?
Your crockpot’s size can impact the final result of your meal. Your crockpot may be smaller than the recommended size, so you might need to cook your meal longer. You may have to reduce the cooking time if your crockpot is larger than our recommendation.
Is it necessary to cover food in a crockpot?
The liquid should only cover the meat and vegetables. Do not overfill the slow cooker. Otherwise, the food will not cook as well.
I am a kitchen expert and connoisseur of food with decades of cooking experience who loves to cook a variety of scrumptious food item to awaken the taste buds of people who eat my food. I know a lot about kitchen utensils and appliances and here to share my years of knowledge about the best kitchen products with you.
With his gumption, alacrity along with astute acumen to pick the authentic and best quality ingredients from across the world to make the scrumptious recipes which soothes the taste buds of eater has made him the name on which people can count on when it comes to cooking advice, world class meals and cuisines native to the different cities of world.
His unique ability improvise and make dishes with different raw produce and ingredients in less time which are delicious and relished by the guests has made Tushar leader in the arena of cooking.